Monday 2 February 2009

Full Moon.

My heart beats faster as the moon comes into view.
I feel the inevitable change ripple through my body and I tense my muscles, ready for the pain.
A sharp burst of adrenalin tells me that the curse is awakeing the creature within.
I shriek as my rib cage expands, feeling every crack and fracture as my bones reshape themselves underneath the flesh, my t-shirt tearing away from the chest it can no longer cover.
My fingers lengthen and thick, wiry hair begins to to creep through my flesh, my nails lengthen into sharp, deadly claws and I grit my teeth against the pain of it all.
My legs begin to lengthen and my jeans begin to tear under the strain of a body too large to enclose. My spine lengthens and I fall to my knees in pure, un-contained agony. My mouth and nose reshape themselves into a vicious mouth that I know I will have no control over.
I scream again, only this time my voice is tainted by that of an otherworldly growl.
In an explosion of rage that is not my own, the creature tears off the scraps of unneeded fabric and shakes its huge, hairy body as the last vibrations of the change pulse through its muscles. It pants heavily as the pain subsides in calm and gentle waves.
The creature straightens up onto it's hind legs.
It howls.

No comments:

Post a Comment